You are here
Academic performance of urban children with asthma worse than peers without asthma Study finds for ethnic minorities, the more severe the asthma, the worse the quality of work.
Spring cleaning: clear your house and your nasal passages Getting rid of built up dust and mold can ease allergy symptoms.
- Spring cleaning: clear your house and your nasal passages
- Boy Scout motto – be prepared – works for parents of campers with allergies and asthma
- Surprise your valentine while keeping them allergy- and asthma-free
- Winter allergies: The allergies you didn't know you could have
- Simplify the holidays: Reducing stress could cut allergy and asthma symptoms
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.