You are here
Preparation is key as you head to college with allergies and asthma Make sure everything is in order as you take over your care.
Confidence in asthma inhaler technique doesn’t match actual skills Study reports 97 percent of kids don’t use them properly.
- Preparation is key as you head to college with allergies and asthma
- Spring cleaning: clear your house and your nasal passages
- Boy Scout motto – be prepared – works for parents of campers with allergies and asthma
- Surprise your valentine while keeping them allergy- and asthma-free
- Winter allergies: The allergies you didn't know you could have
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.