You are here
New yardstick offers diagnostic and treatment guidance for idiopathic anaphylaxis Guidelines on next steps when there is no clear cause of severe reactions.
Racism a factor in asthma control for young African American children Study shows children between ages 1 and 6 are negatively affected.
- Hidden Halloween allergy and asthma triggers are truly frightful
- Don’t let back to school mean back to allergy and asthma symptoms
- Make sure your red, white and blue celebration is allergy- and asthma-free
- Preparation is key as you head to college with allergies and asthma
- Spring cleaning: clear your house and your nasal passages
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.