You are here
Texas school district risks children’s lives by using Benadryl instead of stock epinephrine Epinephrine is always the first line of defense to treat severe allergic reactions.
Winter allergies: The allergies you didn't know you could have Don’t get cooped up with your allergies this winter.
- Winter allergies: The allergies you didn't know you could have
- Simplify the holidays: Reducing stress could cut allergy and asthma symptoms
- Got teens with allergies and asthma? They want Halloween fun too
- Kindergartener or college student, your child with allergies needs to prepare for back to school
- Get ready for fall allergies because they're headed your way
Facts & Statistics
- 16.9 million adults and 6.7 million children have been diagnosed with hay fever in the last year.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- Asthma results in 456,000 hospitalizations and 2.1 million emergency room visits annually.
- Weather conditions such as extremely dry, wet or windy weather can worsen an asthma condition.