Call for Applications
Deadline extended to August 15, 2017
Submit your research project for consideration to receive a $50,000 grant
The Foundation of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology invites young academic faculty members to apply for two $50,000 grants to fund relevant research projects involving basic or clinical research, innovative teaching or delivery of care in an academic setting. The grants will be awarded during the 2017 Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts (October 26-30). Research projects should start on or before January 1, 2018 and should be completed by December 31, 2018.
- Applicants must be ACAAI members and under 40 years of age or within the first five-years of medical practice in an academic environment; and
- Grantees must agree to:
- Submit to ACAAI an abstract on the results of their research. The abstract will be considered for presentation at the ACAAI 2018 Annual Meeting.
- Allow the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology the right of first refusal to publish the results of the study.
Applicants are requested to submit the following to the Foundation of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology by August 15, 2017.
- A brief biographical sketch and curriculum vitae which includes contact information (mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number).
- A letter of recommendation from the Section Chief or Department Chair.
- A research plan, including title, specific aims, methods, procedures and objectives. The proposal should not exceed three pages of description. Include an itemized budget and documentation and if applicable, that the proposed research was approved by the Institutional Review Board of the grantee institution. The grant is to provide salary support, supplies, equipment or research patient costs. No indirect costs or overhead allowance may be charged by the institution.
- Provide one complete electronic copy of the research proposal and one electronic blinded copy with the investigator’s name and institution deleted.
Email the above materials to:
Miriam Standish at email@example.com
Subject: Young Faculty Support Program
If you have any questions, contact Miriam Standish via email or at 847-725-2299.